Cormetrics Lab is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment needed to meet all of our customers’ technical issues. Feel free to stop by the lab for a visit, and a more detailed explanation of all of our test equipment and laboratory procedures.
- Used to simulate the process; acid gas composition, temperature and pressures in a laboratory environment
- A variety of gas compositions available including sour (H2S) service
- Pressures from 30 psi to 2000 psi
- Temperatures from 20°c to 200°C
- Used to evaluate either batch or continuous corrosion inhibitor products
- Evaluate corrosion resistance of different material alloys
Rotating Cylinder Electrode (RCE)
- Designed to create a known and constant shear stress on a metal surface by spinning the working electrode at speeds up to 5,000 rpm
- Constant cell temperature maintained (from 8°C to 60°C)
- Positive pressure, anaerobic environment maintained by means of a constant CO2 purge
- batch chemical film persistency over time
- performance of continuous chemicals under controlled shear
- effect of water miscible chemicals such as methanol on inhibitor performance
- evaluating fluid corrosivity
Wheel Test Apparatus
- Traditional method for corrosion inhibitor testing
- Ideal for dose/response studies
Crude Corrosivity Testing
- Crude testing is complete according to the ASTM G205 standard guide.
- Test methodology offers critical information in order to understand the potential corrosivity of crude transmission pipelines.
- Evaluate the wettability, emulsion inversion point and corrosivity of partitioned brine
- Rate the difference in potential for corrosion between crude streams.